Wednesday, March 20, 2013

One Good Egg: A Free Writing Craftivity

Happy Wednesday friends.
Spring Break is half way through.  So I took a couple of hours this afternoon to visit my classroom and get my ducks in a row for next week.  Our little St. Patrick's Day activities are on display around the room.  But, as soon as we get back it will be the week of Easter.
As I prepped my room, I pulled out some of my Easter read alouds and added some Easter themed books on CD to our listening area.  One read aloud I have lined up for next week is Jan Brett's The Easter Egg.
Don't you just love her?   
If you do not have this book in your collection run, don't walk to your computer (wait, you are already at your computer) and order it now.  This story follows a young bunny as he tries to decorate the winning Easter egg so that he can accompany the Easter Bunny on his deliveries.  It is a really sweet story and of course the illustrations are to die for.
I made a really simple writing craftivity I plan to use in conjunction with this book.  Students will decorate their eggs and write a description of the egg they made for the Easter Bunny.
If you would like a free copy of this writing craftivity just click on the picture below.
If you do not have this book, you certainly can still use this activity with your students.  They could decorate their eggs and describe them (much the same as the sample above) or you could make this a "How to Make Easter Eggs" writing assignment.  I'm sure you can think of something fab.
Email me if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment