Saturday, January 18, 2014

100th Day 2014 (Done and Done)

Hi All.  Hope you had a nice week.  We wrapped ours up with our 100th Day of School celebration.  This year we had a great day of learning and my firsties were really engaged.  I tried to snag some pictures of some of our activities.  Here are some of the highlights . . .

We made a little 100th Day craftivity to practice our spelling words. 

You can have a copy of this pattern by clicking here.  (There is also a writing recording sheet option.)

Students completed 100th Day mini books, counting to 100 different ways & 100 words.  We started our 100 Words book a couple of days early for morning work and that worked out really well.


Throughout the day we would gather together for 100th Day read alouds.  There are so many cute 100th Day books, it is hard to fit them all in.

Students also worked with partners completing a 100th Day center (adding multiples of 10 to get to 100).  You can click here if you would like a free copy of this center.  The clip art in this center from Melonheadz.

We all made 100th Day t shirts to wear and tell about on the big day.  The kids used buttons, stickers, yarn, markers, paint, glitter, and pom poms.  They all looked great.  My shirt had 100 pictures of my daughter on it.  Sweet.
Please excuse the bags under my eyes.  I was up late finishing my shirt. :)

We, of course, had to have a little fun with food.  We sorted and graphed 100 M & Ms.  Not an original idea, but always a hit with the kids.

Finally, check out our door.  I saw some cute ideas on Pinterest and thought I'd spruce ours up a bit.  The kids loved going in and out of the streamers.  I think bathroom break and drink break frequency went up 100% on the 100th Day.

This year was the first time I did not over plan for the 100th Day.  Everything went really smoothly, but I was still exhausted at the end of the day.  I am extra grateful for a three day weekend.  I hope you enjoy yours as well.
Best.

9 comments:

  1. What a great day. Our 100th Day is still one month away because of our late school start due to the big fire. That shirt is adorable! What a cute idea! And that door would be a big hit with my crowd, too! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your t-shirt! What a sweet idea! Oh I bet they did love those streamers! We are only on our 82nd day of school- we go until the bitter end of June this year. I think you are smart not to over plan. The kids love everything and you can just enjoy it more when it isn't over planned or rushed! Sometimes I try to fit so much in that I don't even really enjoy the moments. :)Thank you for sharing your day!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. Thanks for sharing. Do you happen to have your updated 100th day people that you could share? They are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops....If so, my address is projectqn@tx.rr.com.

      Delete
  4. I loved last year's craftivity! Didn't think it could get any better! BUT....the updated one is ADORABLE.! Our 100th day is Monday. Will you be willing to share? Thanks so much! smskdg@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I linked up an update of the craftivity. Enjoy.

      Delete
  5. I have been trying to do something a little "extra" this 1ooth Day, and your craftivity is just what I'm looking for. Our 100th day is Friday. Would you be willing to share your updated version? Thanks for sharing such wonderful ideas. austinhouse6@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I linked an updated version of the craftivity. Enjoy.

      Delete
  6. I love your doorway decoration! Where did you get the sign? Our celebration is Thursday of this week and this is exactly what I've been looking for!

    ReplyDelete